Thursday 29 November 2012

Faux Layers Card


Faux Layers Birthday Card
For a bit of a change, I wanted to create card that looked like it had layers & appeared 3D but wanted to accomplish this with nothing but ink and a white card base. This showcases what can be done with limited resources. If you have limited tools for card making, take heart. You can create a great card with next to nothing. The only supplies needed to make a card like this are ink, white card stock, a small sponge, scrap copy paper, sticky notes (used to frame the tag shape for sponging) and rubber stamps. Happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Laurie, those techniques totally tricked me into thinking this WAS layered! Ha! If I hadn't read your description, I would have thought that was twine tied around that "piece of design paper" and the tag was separate! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I was tricked also!! Woohoo, that is the best trick of all..to give depth and layers and still have a flat mailable card!!! Great idea, and wonderful card, Laurie. So proud of you!!! AND, I am being inspired by your creations!! Kudos!! LOL

    ReplyDelete