Sunday 11 November 2012

Bird on branch card


Bow & Bling challenge STVLIVECHAT12

Hello friends,
Another Stamp TV card challenge entry. This time the challenge called for bows and bling. I thought this cute bird image from Stamp TV, made a perfect red cardinal. My husband and I  had a playful debate over what kind of bird it was. He was convinced that it was suppose to be a blue jay but he had to concede after I finished coloring it and then showed him a photo of a cardinal. :) I used Copic markers to color it. Bird Y17, R81, R85, R59, E25 Frame around bird and leaves YG93, BG96. I used Candy cane stickles for the berries. The frame around the bird image was created using an oval nestabilty. I chose the size I wanted then traced both on the inside and the outside of the die, then colored in between the two lines to create the green border. By the way, this technique can be used to frame just about any image. Next I cut out the framed image with a larger oval and then matted it on another oval in red card stock. The embossed snowflakes was done with a Cuttlebug folder called snowflakes. I used black and yellow liquid pearls for the eye and beak and finished the card off with a green bow and red dew drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment