Thursday 22 November 2012

"You've got mail" Christmas card


You've Got Mail

Up for a challenge? How about adding layers to your card. If you count the snowflakes as layers, I have a total of 13 in this card. This was another card I created for a card challenge on Stamp TV. It was so much fun. The challenge for me was to keep it from looking too busy with so many layers. The bird and bird house stamp is from Stamp TV. I absolutely love challenges because they force me to think outside the box. In this case the layered approach prompted me to think about double stamping the envelope so I could add dimension to the mail by popping it out and thereby create another layer. I did the same thing for the bird's wing as you can see in the close up. It's like paper piecing only I add dimensionals (from Stampin' Up) to make the layer pop. Hope you enjoyed stopping by. :)

2 comments:

  1. Lauarie,
    I've got to say, you're cards just keep getting better and better !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, you're so kind! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete