Wednesday 12 December 2012

Faux leather card


Hello everyone,
Today I want to introduce you to a little tissue paper fun. The first card I want to show you is this masculine faux leather, birthday card. I created this look by air brushing white tissue paper with Copic markers. The colours I used are E35, E37 and E39. I scrunched up the tissue paper, then unscrunched it and glued it to a piece of card stock. I then used a sponge and applied Tim Holtz distress ink (Walnut Stain) to the creases. I love how it turned out.

For instruction on how to create tissue paper cards including this next one, check out my video tutorial below.









 A few more tissue paper creations.For these next two cards, I stamped outlined images on the tissue paper and coloured them with Copic markers before scrunching and gluing to the card stock.

 



 For creating this next card, once again i used copic markers to air brush white tissue paper.




And lastly another two stepped stamped image. So now it's your turn to have some fun creating with tissue paper. I hope you've enjoyed this post. Thanks for stopping by.



6 comments:

  1. Outstanding video tutorial, Laurie! Congratulations on Numero Uno!!!!
    Love this technique you've shared - seems do-able. Looking forward to all your great ideas you will share in the future. Lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie - that was awesome!!! You sounded like you've been doing tutorials for years! Great job and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your great techniques and cards. Thanks for the inspiration! Love ya ~Dotti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Laurie--great job! That glue stick you used is actually the one Tim Holtz recommends on his videos! Also, I have a question--did your copic markers not run when you colored on the tissue paper? Your cards & colors look fantastic. Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meadered by, in the middle of another restless night, and what a delightful surprise! Kudos, Laurie, what an excellent FIRST video!! It was just like you've been doing videos for years. Really like the tissue paper tutorial. AND, I just loved the Faux Leather look tissue paper card, which you said was also YOUR favorite. Such a really cool idea. I might just try that. I have plenty of distress inks, but only one Copic, to outline images, but impressed with your cards and coloring. Gee, I will need to pop back by for future videos. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darn... I couldn't get the video to work-- on my iPad :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Laurie. I especially love the leather look and will have to try it. Thanks for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete