Saturday 5 January 2013

How to create faux layers on a card



Hello friends,
Today's post includes another video tutorial. This one is on how to create faux layers (a request by my dear friend Anna). Yesterday, I made some changes to the lighting in my craft room in hopes that it would improve video quality and provide truer colours, unfortnately it had the reverse affect. I will be changing things back to the way they were for future videos. You'll see what I mean when you compare the colours of the card in this photo with the colours in the video. Hope you still enjoy it.


How to Create Faux layers -Part 1
 


How to Create Faux Layers - Part 2



















5 comments:

  1. Remarkable Laurie. How I appreciate all the loving details you took the time to put into this work - hand drawing the borders, taping them off, adding 'mini threads' to the faux string, creating a faux tag.... Brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing. I learned a lot (never heard of the masking material before - looks cool).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled to have been named as the person who begged, er ah, asked for this video...LOL You are amazingly talented. I had no idea that the layers of card were faux as well. The tag blew me away the first time I saw the card. I was dumb-founded that it was all faux. "Faux" worked on me, I thought it was layered. Thanks, Laurie, I learned so much. I will go for the sticky notes...although the "masking" material looked cool, I couldn't handle it. Thanks for sharing!! I would definitely like to see more videos. I was amazed at the "air-brushing", also!! Nice job, good demonstration, great video!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice videos! Have never seen how the copies work with the airbrush before. Really neat! Tanks for taking the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Your cards are very beautiful.Good demonstration and great video.Urška

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic tutorial Laurie! Love the look of the air brushed area and love your layout!

    ReplyDelete